The cost of event varies on different factors, I will be discussing below what aspects of events, event planners spend their money.
Where does the money go?
- Venue hire- the largest single percentage of organisers (36%) spend no more than £500 on hiring a venue
- Food and beverage- 52% spend a maximum of £500 food and beverage and 20% don’t spend it on catering at all.
- print/ branding- 58% pay no more than £500, 23% manage not to spend in this area.
- Content- 46% don’t spend anything on an event programmes and 29% spend £500 or less.
- Marketing and Communication- 32% spend nothing and 49% of event planners spend between £1-£500.
- tools and technology- has varied repossess but with 55% of respondents state they would spend nothing.
- other line items (staffing, security, etc).
Most events appear to be run on a minimal budget, but by understanding where the event organisers are using their money or more crucially where there’re not. you can see the possibilities you and you’re events.